Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Always/Never

I'll whisper that I love you
On a gentle windy day,
When wild rivers thunder through
And newborn ducklings play.

I'll smile for you at sunset
While the sleepy children sing,
Those new songs that they learned at school
And meanwhile, others dream.

I'll think of you at twilight
When the snowy mountains move-- 
Inch by inch, they shake and fight
And keep on pushing through.

I'll want you when it's midnight 
Somewhere in this world. 
When someone thinks, "The stars are bright!" 
I'll be a lonely girl.

I'll long for you at sunrise, 
So long as children dream-- 
And when the moon is shining bright 
My tears will flow downstream.

I'll whisper that I need you, 
And ache for you at dawn. 
I'll smile for you at sunset. 
This pain just lasts so long.
-
This bit kind of came as an afterthought, so I'll throw it in as well.
-
I'll have you when there's nothing-- 
No sunshine, moon, or stars. 
The great old mountain lost his fight, 
And wind has flown too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment