Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Don't Kiss The Sunlight


I woke up this morning
Sitting in a pool of light
Drifting through my window,
Warming to the sight.
I stared at flowers down below
And lazy drifting clouds,
The trees were stretching wooden limbs,
And eager to grow out.


I hugged myself and felt the sunlight
Kissing at my skin,
Caressing me with gentle warmth
My soul with zeal drank in.
Yet still I sat in darkness,
For downtrodden was my heart,
And no amount of morning sun
Released me from the dark.


I fought it, though,
Slid out of bed,
Walked over to the glass.
I peered outside, my senses calmed
By the verdure of the grass.
I tried to smile and let go of the
Thunder in my soul.
This fire I couldn't put out,
For the fire had gained control.
In that sweet moment all I felt
Were gentle arms of light,
Encouraging me to go outside and
"Fight the darkness! Fight!"


I turned away and closed the curtains.
Fighting was too hard.
Defeated, I returned to bed,
The storm had raged too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment